- Promotes healthy muscle retention and use
- Aids in improving and enhancing memory
- Helps reduce muscle fatigue
- May help to inhibit mild inflammation associated with the aging process
- Supports cognitive performance
- Provides antioxidant protection to minimize the effects of free radicals that affect the aging process
- Helps support nerve function and blood flow in the heart
- No Detectable GMOs
- Isotonic-Capable Drinkable Supplements
Why Choose Prime Ultimate Longevity?
Prime Ultimate Longevity Formula by Isotonix is a powerful formula that specifically addresses the select needs of mature adults. While other products might focus on a particular area of aging, Prime Ultimate Longevity Formula by Isotonix is designed for the aging adult who wants to maintain both an alert mind and active body. Prime Ultimate Longevity Formula by Isotonix is formulated with natural ingredients, including huperzine A (which aids in improving and enhancing memory and cognitive function) and branched chain amino acids (which promote muscle retention).
Isotonix Delivery System
Isotonic, which means “same pressure,” bears the same chemical resemblance of the body’s blood, plasma and tears. All fluids in the body have a certain concentration, referred to as osmotic pressure. The body’s common osmotic pressure, which is isotonic, allows a consistent maintenance of body tissues. In order for a substance to be absorbed and used in the body’s metabolism, it must be transported in an isotonic state.
Isotonix dietary supplements are delivered in an isotonic solution. This means that the body has less work to do in obtaining maximum absorption. The isotonic state of the suspension allows nutrients to pass directly into the small intestine and be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.With Isotonix products, little nutritive value is lost, making the absorption of nutrients highly efficient while delivering maximum results.
Instantized Branched Chain Amino Acids 3000 mg
The branched chain amino acids (BCAA) in Prime Ultimate Longevity Formula by Isotonix have been instantized, meaning they have been developed through a unique production technology that allows for quicker dissolution in water and better bioavailability. BCAA are considered essential, as they cannot be synthesized by the human body and, therefore, must be consumed through diet or supplementation. Unlike other amino acids, BCAA are used primarily by skeletal muscle, making up 30-35 percent of the muscle tissue itself. These amino acids are important for muscle growth and retention and in the regulation of many cellular processes. As aging occurs, the body’s ability to build and retain muscle tissue or size is reduced, which can result in weakness and frailty. Research has shown that supplementation with BCAA promotes muscle retention in older adults. Additionally, it has been shown that supplementation of BCAA during exercise supports muscle protein synthesis, and inhibits protein catabolism (breakdown) and muscle fatigue. Studies indicate that BCAAs improve mental concentration, and reduce and delay mental fatigue. Though the exact mechanism by which BCAA affect mental performance is not known, it is hypothesized that by increasing blood levels of BCAA, the transport of tryptophan (causes relaxation/sleepiness) into the brain is balanced by competitive inhibition.
Grape Seed Extract (95% polyphenols) 100 mg
Grape seed extract has been shown to have antioxidant properties. Studies suggest that supplementing with grape seed extract can promote normal circulation. High in oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs), grape seed extract is capable of decreasing and preventing the formation of free radicals which promote cardiovascular health. OPCs are also thought to promote healthy connective tissue and joint lubricant.
Huperzine A 100 mcg
Huperzine A is derived from the fir moss Huperzia serrata, also known as Chinese club moss. It appears to have some antioxidant capabilities. Studies on huperzine A have shown it to be effective for improving memory. Huberzine A helps support the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Acetylcholine promotes normal learning, memory, cognitive well-being, healthy nerve transmission and proper muscle function. Huperzine A helps maintain normal concentration and promotes the duration of action of acetylcholine.
Can children take this product?
No. This product should only be used by adults ages 18 and older.
Does this product need to be taken on an empty stomach?
Yes. Maximum absorption occurs when taken on an empty stomach.
What is the warning for this product?
If you are currently taking anti-cholinergic drugs†, warfarin [Coumadin], other anti-platelet/anti-coagulant medications, levodopa, or any other prescription drugs, or have an ongoing medical condition, you should consult your healthcare provider before using this product. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use this product.
This supplement contains huperzine A. Huperzine A is a reversible inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase and may cause cholinergic side effects. Caution should be used if you are taking medications that promote or suppress acetylcholine activity.
To provide your healthcare provider with more information on the ingredients in this product, refer them to the online product information.
Who should take this product?
While any adult over the age of 18 can take this product, Prime™ Ultimate Longevity Formula by Isotonix is specifically designed to address specific needs of aging adults, such as joint comfort, muscle retention and use, and cognitive health.*
What other products can I take with Prime™ Ultimate Longevity Formula by Isotonix®?
While this product can be taken on its own, any adult should also take Isotonix Multivitamin and Heart Health ™ Essential Omega 3 Fish Oil with Vitamin E.
- Bagchi, D., et al. Free radicals and grape seed proanthocyanidin extract: importance in human health and disease prevention. Toxicology. 148: 187-197, 2000.
- Cady, R., et al. Dietary grape seed polyphenols repress neuron and glia activation in trigeminal ganglion and trigeminal nucleus caudalis. Molecular Pain. 6: 1-12, 2010.
- Charradi, K., et al. Grape seed extract alleviates high-fat diet-induced obesity and heart dysfunction by preventing cardiac siderosis. Cardiovascular Toxicology. 11:28-37, 2011.
- Fu, L. and Li, J. A systematic review of single Chinese herbs for Alzheimer’s disease treatment. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2011.
- Hwang, I., et al. Neuroprotective effects of grape seed extract on neuronal injury by inhibiting DNA damage in the gerbil hippocampus after transient forebrain ischemia. Life Sciences. 75(16): 1989-2001, 2004.
- Kimball, S. and Jefferson, L. Signaling pathways and molecular mechanisms through which branched-chain amino acids mediate translational control of protein synthesis. Journal of Nutrition. 136(1): 227S-231S, 2006
- Miljkovic, D., et al. Calcium fructoborate: plant-based dietary boron for human nutrition. Journal of Dietary Supplements. 6(3): 211-226, 2009.
- Myers, T., et al. Systemic administration of the potential countermeasure huperzine reversibly inhibits central and peripheral acetylcholinesterase activity without adverse cognitive-behavioral effects. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior. 94: 477-481, 2010.
- Pasinetti, G. and Ho, L. Role of grape seed polyphenols in Alzheimer’s disease neuropathology. Nutrition and Dietary Supplements. 2:97-103,2010.
- Scorei, R. and Rotaru, P. Calcium fructoborate-potential anti-inflammatory agent. Biological Trace Element Research. Epublished, 2011.
- Scorei, R., et al. A double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study to evaluate the effect of calcium fructoborate on systemic inflammation and dyslipidemia markets for middle-aged people with primary osteoarthritis. Biological Trace Element Research. Epublished, 2011.
- Scorei,R., et al. In vitro effects of calcium fructoborate on fMLP-stimulated human neutrophil granulocytes. Biological Trace Element Research. 118 (1): 27-37, 2007.
- Scorei,R., et al. In vitro evaluation of the antioxidant activity of calcium fructoborate. Biological Trace Element Research. 107: 127-134, 2005.
- Shi, J., et al. Polyphenolics in grape seeds- biochemistry and functionality. Journal of Medicinal Food. 6(4): 291-299, 2003.
- Shimomura, Y., et al. Nutraceutical effects of branched-chain amino acids on skeletal muscle. Journal of Nutrition. 116(2): 529S-532S, 2006.
- Sun, Q., et al. Huperzine-A capsules enhance memory and learning performance in 34 pairs of matched adolescent students. Zhongguo Yoa Xue Bao. 20(7): 601-603, 1999.
- Tang, X. Huperzine A (shuanglyping): a promising drug for Alzheimer’s disease. Zhongguo Yoa Xue Bao. 17(6): 481-484, 1996.
- Thomas, D. Loss of skeletal muscle mass in aging: Examining the relationship of starvation, sarcopenia and cachexia. Clinical Nutrition. 26: 389-399, 2007.
- Volpi, E., et al. Essential amino acids are primarily responsible for the amino acid stimulation of muscle protein anabolism in healthy elderly adults. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 78: 250-258, 2003.
- Wang, R. and Tang, X. Neuroprotective effects of huperzine A. Neurosignals. 14: 71-82, 2005.
- Wang, R., et al. Progress in studies of huperzine A, a natural cholinesterase inhibitor from Chinese herbal medicine. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica. 27(1): 1-28, 2006.
- Xu, S., et al. Efficacy of tablet huperzine-A on memory, cognition, and behavior in Alzheimer’s disease. Zhongguo Yoa Xue Bao. 16(5): 391-395, 1995.
- Zangara, A. The psychopharmacology of huperzine A: an alkaloid with cognitive enhancing and neuroprotective properties of interest in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior. 75(3): 675-686, 2003.
- Zhang, H., et al. Potential therapeutic targets of huperzine A for Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia. Chemico-Biological Interactions. 175(1-3): 396-402, 2008.
- Zhang, R., et al. Drug evaluation of huperzine A in the treatment of senile memory disorders. Zhongguo Yoa Xue Bao. 12(3): 250-252, 1991.
- Zhang, S. Therapeutic effects of huperzine A on the aged with memory impairment. Chinese Journal of New Drugs and Clinical Remedies. 1986.
- Zhang, S., et al. The clinical analysis of combined effects of huperzine A and memantine for Alzheimer’s disease. IGI Global. 2011.
- Shop Consultant
Sharp brain and fit body!
Was in the gym this morning after missing 3 weeks...... Could clearly see the positive effects of taking my NutraMetrix Prime Longevity formula...... Got through all 4 memorized Tai Chi routines (Huperzine) and then went on to a leg workout that felt like I hadn't missed a beat (Branched Chain Amino Acids)!
- Shop Consultant
Address muscle mass and memory
Amazing - nothing comparable. Addressed the 2 main thing I am concerned about as I age - the loss of muscle mass and the loss of memory. This is such a centerpiece product that anyone over 55 should consider. Combine with light weight bearing to accelerate observable change over time.
- Shop Consultant
I take it early morning. I work out every day! I haven't taken the product long enough to see if it works. But,it taste great. And it mixes great!