Our exclusive solution for promoting optimal joint health and for bone and joint discomfort:
- Only product on the market delivering glucosamine*, Pycnogenol® and hyaluronic acid in isotonic form
- This winning combination of proven ingredients supports and helps maintain optimal joint health and flexibility:
- Glucosamine - Supports healthy joint function and promotes the normal production of synovial fluid, which lubricates your joints and regenerates cartilage
- Pycnogenol - Inhibits the body’s overactive inflammatory processes and supports relief from temporary inflammation associated with daily activities and the normal aging process
- Hyaluronic acid - Helps maintain strong, healthy cartilage and promotes normal healing
- Keep your joints young
- Helps maintain joint comfort
- Supports normal, healthy levels of COX-2 and 5-LOX
- Contains the combination of glucosamine with the super powerful antioxidant Pycnogenol and hyaluronic acid
- Does not contain chondroitin (very poor absorption due to its high molecular weight)
*The source of glucosamine contains shellfish.
Why Choose Isotonix Prime Joint?
As the body ages, many people experience joint discomfort. One option is to take a joint supplement to help promote overall bone and joint health. When looking at a joint supplement, there are three main ingredients found in most products on the market: glucosamine, chondroitin and methylsulfonylmethane, more commonly referred to as MSM.
The research on both chondroitin and MSM is very controversial. Chondroitin, for instance, has very poor absorption due to its high molecular weight. Also, one of chondroitin’s mechanisms is to increase the hyaluronic acid content of synovial fluid; while the new Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix directly provides hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid plays an important role in tissue hydration, lubrication and cellular function. Likewise, research on MSM is not conclusive. In fact, it takes large quantities of MSM daily (2-6 grams) to make a difference and see effects.*
On the other hand, the research behind glucosamine is consistent and its benefits effective. Prime Joint Support Formula contains glucosamine, naturally produced by the body and a key component of cartilage. An aminomonosaccharide (a combination of the amino acid — glutamine and a sugar — glucose), glucosamine is concentrated in joint cartilage, and has been scientifically proven to support healthy joint function and promote the normal production of synovial fluid, which lubricates your joints and regenerates cartilage.*
Prime Joint Support Formula also contains the powerful antioxidant Pycnogenol®, which science has shown to inhibit the body’s over-active inflammatory processes associated with the normal aging process.
The body’s inflammatory response is a natural process. It is an essential component of the body’s defense system, and can be triggered from numerous internal and external factors. Pycnogenol has been shown help support the body’s defense system by inhibiting over active inflammatory responses associated with the normal aging process.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Isotonix Delivery System
Isotonic, which means “same pressure,” bears the same chemical resemblance of the body’s blood, plasma and tears. All fluids in the body have a certain concentration, referred to as osmotic pressure. The body’s common osmotic pressure, which is isotonic, allows a consistent maintenance of body tissues. In order for a substance to be absorbed and used in the body’s metabolism, it must be transported in an isotonic state.
Isotonix dietary supplements are delivered in an isotonic solution. This means that the body has less work to do in obtaining maximum absorption. The isotonic state of the suspension allows nutrients to pass directly into the small intestine and be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.With Isotonix products, little nutritive value is lost, making the absorption of nutrients highly efficient while delivering maximum results.
Glucosamine (HCl): 1000 mg
Glucosamine is a molecule that is naturally synthesized in the body from glucose and the amino acid glutamine. Glucosamine is an important constituent of glycosaminoglycans in cartilage matrix and synovial fluid. As our bodies age, we are less able to produce glucosamine, resulting in cartilage that is less flexible and weak. Although the mechanism is currently unclear, studies have shown that glucosamine supplementation can support normal, healthy cartilage cell production to help maintain overall joint health.
Pine Bark Extract (Pycnogenol®): 25 mg
Pycnogenol is a water-soluble, flavonoid complex with powerful benefits. Pycnogenol, similar to the proanthocyanins found in grape seeds, is extracted from the bark of the French Maritime Pine tree. Numerous studies have examined the anti-inflammatory properties of Pycnogenol. The body’s inflammatory response is a natural process. It is an essential component of the body’s defense system, and can be triggered from numerous internal and external factors. Pycnogenol has been shown help maintain the body’s natural defenses by inhibiting over active inflammatory responses associated with the normal aging process. Research has shown that Pycnogenol may inhibit the activation of NF-kappa B and AP-1, both of which are proinflammatory mediators. Pycnogenol supplementation can also promote normal COX-2 and 5-LOX gene expression, and support healthy leukotriene biosynthesis. In addition, studies have shown the ability of Pycnogenol to cross-link collagen fibers and strengthen connective tissue proteins. To learn more about the relationship between Pycnogenol and joint health, follow the links below to read the full text studies.
Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate): 25 mg
Hyaluronic acid plays an important role in tissue hydration, lubrication and cellular function. Although it is produced naturally by the body, the level of hyaluronic acid diminishes with age, contributing to joint discomfort. It is a key component of cartilage, and is important for skin, joint and eye health. Hyaluronic acid has been shown to help maintain strong, healthy cartilage. It may also enhance synovial fluid production and promote normal healing.
How should Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix be taken?
On an empty stomach, take two capfuls daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.
What other products should I take with Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix to support my joint health?
Heart Health™ Essential Omega III is a great pair with Prime Joint Support Formula, as omega III fatty acids have been shown to support healthy joint lubrication.
How often should I take Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix?
This product is most effective when taken daily.
How much Pycnogenol® is in Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix?
There are 25 milligrams of Pycnogenol in each daily serving.
- Belcaro, G., et al. Variations in C-reactive protein, plasma free radicals and fibrinogen values in patients with osteoarthritis treated with Pycnogenol®. Redox Report. 13(6): 271-276, 2008.
- Blewis, M., et al. A model of synovial fluid lubricant composition in normal and injured joints. European Cells and Materials. 13: 26-39, 2007.
- Braham, R., et al. The effect of glucosamine supplementation on people experiencing regular knee pain. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 37(1): 45-49, 2003.
- Canali, R., et al. The anti-inflammatory pharmacology of Pycnogenol® in humans involves COX-2 and 5-LOX mRNA expression in leukocytes. International Immunopharmacology. 9(10): 1145-1149, 2009.
- Chang, X., et al. Inhibition of antithrombin by hyaluronic acid may be involved in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Research and Therapy. 7(2): R268-R273, 2005.
- Chou, M., et al. Effects of chondroitin and glucosamine sulfate in a dietary bar formulation on inflammation, interleukin-1beta, matrix metalloprotease-9, and cartilage damage in arthritis. Experimental Biology and Medicine. 230(4): 255-262, 2005.
- Cisár, P., et al. Effect of pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®) on symptoms of knee osteoarthritis. Phytotherapy Research. 22: 1087-1092, 2008
- Elliott, A., et al. Serum hyaluronan levels and radiographic knee and hip osteoarthritis in African Americans and Caucasians in the Johnston County Osteoarthritis Project. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 52(1): 105-111, 2005.
- Farid, R., et al. Pycnogenol® supplementation reduces pain and stiffness and improves physical function in adults with knee osteoarthritis. Nutrition Research. 27: 692-697, 2007.
- Gaby, A. Natural treatments for osteoarthritis. Alternative Medicine Review. 4(5): 330-341, 1999.
- Gouze, J., et al. Exogenous glucosamine globally protects chondrocytes from the arthritogenic effects of IL-1beta. Arthritis Research and Therapy. 8(6): R173
- Grimm, T., et al. Inhibition of NF-kappaB activation and MMP-9 secretion by plasma of human volunteers after ingestion of maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®). Journal of Inflammation. 3: 1-15, 2006.
- Hua, J., et al. Inhibitory actions of glucosamine, a therapeutic agent for osteoarthritis, on the functions of neutrophils. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. 71(4): 632-640, 2002.
- James, C. and Uhl, T. A review of articular cartilage pathology and the use of glucosamine sulfate. Journal of Athletic Training. 36(4): 413-419, 2001.
- Julovi, S., et al. Inhibition of interleukin-1beta-stimulated production of matrix metalloproteinases by hyaluronan via CD44 in human articular cartilage. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 50(2): 516-525, 2004.
- Laurent, T., et al. Functions of hyaluronan. Annals of the Rheumatic Disease. 54(5): 429-432, 1995.
- Kelly, G. The role of glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfates in the treatment of degenerative joint disease. Alternative Medicine Review. 3(1): 27-39, 1998.
- McDonald, J. and Levick, J. Hyaluronan reduces fluid escape rate from rabbit knee joints disparately from its effect on fluidity. Experimental Physiology. 79(1): 103-106, 1994.
- Nakatani, S., et al. Glucosamine regulates differentiation of a chondrogenic cell line, ATDC5. Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 30(3): 433-438, 2007.
- Ohno, S., et al. Hyaluronan oligosaccharides induce matrix metalloproteinase 13 via transcriptional activation of NFkappaB and p38 MAP kinase in articular chondrocytes. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 281(26): 17952-17960, 2006.
- Poustie, M., et al. N-butyryl glucosamine increases matrix gene expression by chondrocytes. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 311(2): 610-616, 2004.
- Reginster, J., et al. Current concepts in the therapeutic management of osteoarthritis with glucosamine. Bulletin (Hospital for Joint Disease). 63(1-2): 31-36, 2005.
- Reginster, J., et al. Long-term effects of glucosamine sulphate on osteoarthritis progression: a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Lancet. 357(9252): 251-256, 2001.
- Richy, F., et al. Structural and symptomatic efficacy of glucosamine and chondroitin in knee osteoarthritis: a comprehensive meta-analysis. Archives of Internal Medicine. 163(13): 1514-1522, 2003.
- Santangelo, K., et al. Effects of hyaluronan treatment on lipopolysaccharide-challenged fibroblast-like synovial cells. Arthritis Research and Therapy. 9(1): R1, 2007.
- Sasaki, A., et al. Hyaluronate inhibits the interleukin-1beta-induced expression of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 and MMP-3 in human synovial cells. The Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine. 204(2): 99-107, 2004.
- Schäfer, A., et al. Inhibition of COX-1 and COX-2 activity by plasma of human volunteers after ingestion of French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®). Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy. 60: 5-9, 2006.
- Shop Consultant
This product has helped to reduce my joint discomfort. I will recommend it to anyone.
- Shop Consultant
I have been using the Prime Joint Support Formula for a while now. I fee like it helps my joints feel better. They aren't so stiff after a busy day. I give it a thumbs up!!
I recommend it! It is an excelent product.
This product is amazing!
I've used this product for about 6 weeks. My hips and knees feel amazing!
Great product for joint relief within a couple of days