- Promotes healthy muscle growth and muscle retention
- Helps reduce muscle fatigue
- Supports bone health
- Provides antioxidant protection to minimize the effects of free radicals
- Contains activated forms of select B vitamins to ensure optimal utilization by the body
- Increases energy
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Promotes optimal immune functions
Gluten-Free - the finished product contains no detectable gluten (<10ppm gluten)
No Detectable GMOs - the finished product contains no detectable genetically-modified organism
Isotonic-Capable Drinkable Supplements - easy-to-swallow supplements in liquid form are immediately available to the body for absorption
Why Choose Isotonix Peak Performance Blend?
Isotonix Peak Performance Blend is exactly what your body needs to preserve your muscles with essential nutrients, keep your body’s defenses up with powerful antioxidants, and provide you with a huge boost of energy from great vitamins. Performance, defense, energy – everything you need to be a true champion.*
Performance is the key measure of success, which is why Isotonix Peak Performance Blend is formulated to help benefit the performance of active adults with Instantized Branch Chain Amino Acids. Being both instantized and isotonic, you’re getting a product with superior bioavailability, allowing for faster absorption.*
To defend your body from the effects of free radicals, Isotonix Peak Performance Blend provides an array of antioxidant benefits, thanks to the inclusion of Pycnogenol® - the isotonic form of which is exclusive worldwide to Market America – to help combat free radicals before they cause oxidative stress to the body.*
Finally, all champions need the energy not only to compete, but to train, by including the activated forms of B vitamins – which are more readily processed by the body and thereby increase their effectiveness.And, thanks to the utilization of the most advanced nutrient delivery system available anywhere - Isotonix® - you can be sure your body is getting the best - rapid absorption, no binders or fillers and maximum results. It all adds up to an unmatched product for the person looking to raise their game to the next level - Isotonix Peak Performance Blend.Pycnogenol® is a registered trademark of Horphag Research Ltd.
Isotonix Reach Your Peak
Isotonix Delivery System
Isotonic, which means “same pressure,” bears the same chemical resemblance of the body’s blood, plasma and tears. All fluids in the body have a certain concentration, referred to as osmotic pressure. The body’s common osmotic pressure, which is isotonic, allows a consistent maintenance of body tissues. In order for a substance to be absorbed and used in the body’s metabolism, it must be transported in an isotonic state.
Isotonix dietary supplements are delivered in an isotonic solution. This means that the body has less work to do in obtaining maximum absorption. The isotonic state of the suspension allows nutrients to pass directly into the small intestine and be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. With Isotonix products, little nutritive value is lost, making the absorption of nutrients highly efficient while delivering maximum results.
Pycnogenol is a natural plant extract from the bark of the maritime pine tree, which grows exclusively along the coast of southwest France in Les Landes de Gascogne. This unspoiled and natural forest environment is the unique source of pine bark. Pycnogenol is one of the most researched ingredients in the natural product marketplace. Published findings have demonstrated Pycnogenol’s wide array of support to the body. Pine bark extract is an all-natural combination of procyanidins, bioflavonoids and organic acids. The extract has three basic properties — it is a powerful antioxidant, selectively binds to collagen and elastin, and promotes the normal production of endothelial nitric oxide, which promotes the normal dilation of blood vessels. As one of the most powerful natural scavengers of free radicals, Pycnogenol combats free radicals before they cause oxidative stress to vital organs. Its super-antioxidant capabilities promote cardiovascular health*
Instantized Branch Chain Amino Acids (IBCAAs) (3 g)
Branched chain amino acids (BCAA) are considered essential, as they cannot be synthesized by the human body and, therefore, must be consumed through diet or supplementation. Unlike other amino acids, BCAA are used primarily by skeletal muscle, making up 30-35 percent of the muscle tissue itself. These amino acids promote healthy muscle growth and retention. As aging occurs, the body’s ability to build and retain muscle tissue or size is reduced, which can result in weakness and frailty. Research has shown that supplementation with BCAA promotes muscle retention in older adults. Additionally, it has been shown that supplementation of BCAA during exercise supports muscle protein synthesis and inhibits protein catabolism (breakdown) and muscle fatigue. By using instantized BCAAs within the isotonic system, there is a quicker dissolution and increased bioavailability.*
Activated B Vitamins (Folinic Acid, Methylcobalamin and Pyridoxal 5’ Phosphate)
B vitamins support numerous metabolic processes in the body. This formula contains the activated forms of select B vitamins to promote optimal use by the body. By using these advanced forms, the body has to work less for utilization and effectiveness is increased. Folinic acid, methylcobalamin (B12) and pyridoxal 5’ phosphate (B6) are known to promote cardiovascular health. Additional B vitamins such as B1, B5, niacin and biotin support many processes allowing this product to work via several mechanisms to increase energy, promote cardiovascular health, decrease stress and improve mood while helping to maintain normal serotonin levels.*
Vitamin C (60 mg)
Vitamin C is a multi-faceted nutrient primarily known for its antioxidant benefits and strong role in immune health. Vitamin C helps support cardiovascular health in a few different ways. Vitamin C protects against LDL peroxidation by scavenging free radicals.*
Vitamin D3 (400 IU)
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is found in some foods and endogenously produced when sunlight strikes the skin and activates vitamin D synthesis. Vitamin D promotes the efficient intestinal absorption of calcium, by supporting the synthesis of calcium-binding proteins to promote normal calcium absorption and retention. Vitamin D also promotes the normal formation of bone and normal bone growth, and bone remodeling by osteoblasts and osteoclasts. Vitamin D deficiency can be caused by factors such as lack of exposure to sunlight, reduced skin synthesis of vitamin D, lower dietary intake, impaired intestinal absorption, and reduced metabolism to active forms of vitamin D by the kidneys, all of which increase with aging. Deficiency has been linked to numerous health concerns and insufficient levels of this vitamin are associated with weak bones and muscle weakness. In addition to promoting strong bones, vitamin D also has other roles in health, including supporting the body’s immune function. Vitamin D has been shown to support normal immune-modulation, and it is thought that supplementation promotes immune health by promoting the body’s normal regulation of T-cell function. *
Yes. Maximum absorption occurs when taken on an empty stomach.
I am healthy and athletic. Why should I take Isotonix Peak Performance Blend?
Everyone is vulnerable to the aging process caused by free radicals. Athletes tend to be exposed to elevated levels of oxidative stress. Free radicals develop as byproducts during metabolism when calories are processed with oxygen. Athletes inhale 10 to 20 times more oxygen during physical activity over rest periods. The increase in activity creates additional free radicals. In fact, these free radicals are known to limit performance, as free radicals appear to take their toll on muscle tissue. Not only does Isotonix Peak Performance Blend help defend your body against free radicals, thanks to Pycnogenol®, but the inclusion of Instantized Branch Chain Amino Acids can help reduce muscle fatigue, allowing for better workouts.*
What does “Activated” refer to in reference to B-vitamins?
Activated refers to the active forms of vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid. Using forms other than these activated forms requires that the vitamins be enzymatically activated prior to utilization by the body. Not only does this take time and energy within the body, there are circumstances in which this reaction is either slowed or inhibited.*
- Shimomura, Y., et al. Nutraceutical effects of branched-chain amino acids on skeletal muscle. Journal of Nutrition. 116(2): 529S-532S, 2006.
- Shimomura, Y., et al. Exercise promotes BCAA catabolism: effects of BCAA supplementation on skeletal muscle during exercise. Journal of Nutrition. 134(6):1583S-1587S, 2004.
- Volpi, E., et al. Essential amino acids are primarily responsible for the amino acid stimulation of muscle protein anabolism in healthy elderly adults. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 78: 250-258, 2003.
- Kimball SR and Jefferson LS. Control of protein synthesis by amino acid availability. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 5:63-7, 2002.
- Layman DK. The role of leucine in weight loss diets and glucose homeostasis. J Nutr. 133:261S-7S, 2003.
- Hutson SM and Harris RA. Introduction. Symposium: Leucine as a nutritional signal. J Nutr 131:839S-40S, 2001.
- Anthony JC, Anthony TG, Kimball SR, Jefferson LS. Signaling pathways involved in translational control of protein synthesis in skeletal muscle by leucine. J Nutr. 131:856S-60S, 2001.
- MacLean DA and Graham TE. Branched-chain amino acid supplementation augments plasma ammonia responses during exercise in humans. J Appl Physiol. 74:2711-7, 1993.
- MacLean DA and Graham TE, Saltin B. Branched-chain amino acids augment ammonia metabolism while attenuating protein breakdown during exercise. Am J Physiol. 267:E1010-22, 1994.
- Blomstrand E et al. Influence of ingesting a solution of branched-chain amino acids on plasma and muscle concentrations of amino acids during prolonged submaximal exercise. Nutrition. 12:485-90, 1996.
- Blomstrand, E., et al. Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise. Journal of Nutrition. 136(1):269S-273S, 2006.
- Bischoff-Ferrari Het al. Fracture prevention with vitamin D supplementation: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. JAMA. 293(18):2257-2264, 2005.
- Guirguis-Blake J et al. Oral vitamin D3 decreases fracture risk in the elderly. Journal of Family Practice. 52(6):431-435, 2003.
- Schaafsma, A., et al. Vitamin D3 and vitamin K1 supplementation of Dutch postmenopausal women with normal and low bone mineral densities: effects on serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and carboxylated osteocalcin. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 54:626-631, 2000.
- Trivedi Det al. Effect of four monthly oral vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) supplementation on fractures and mortality in men and women living in the community: randomised double blind controlled trial. British Medical Journal. 326(7387):469, 2003.
- Van den Berghe G et al. Bone turnover in prolonged critical illness: effect of vitamin D. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 88(10):4623-4632, 2003.
- Chapuy M et al. Vitamin D3 and calcium to prevent hip fractures in the elderly women. New England Journal of Medicine. 327(23):1637-1642, 1992.
- Grant W and Holick M. Benefits and requirements of vitamin D for optimal health. Alternative Medicine Review. 10:94-111, 2005.
- Fine, AM. Oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes: history, structure, and phytopharmaceutical applications. Altern Med Rev 5:144-51, 2000.
- Blazsó G et al. Anti-inflammatory and superoxide radical scavenging activities of a procyanidins containing extract from the bark of Pinus pinaster Sol. and its fractions. Pharm Pharmacol Lett 3: 217-20, 1994.
- Packer, L. et al. Antioxidant activity and biologic properties of a procyanidin-rich extract from pine (Pinus maritima) bark, pycnogenol. Free Radic Biol Med 27:704-24, 1999. Review.
- Rohdewald, P. A review of the French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®), a herbal medication with a diverse clinical pharmacology. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 40:158-68, 2002. Review.
- Rohdewald, P. Pycnogenol®. In "Flavonoids in Health and Disease". Ed. Catherine Rice-Evans and Lester Packer. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1998. 405-19.
- Wei, Z et al. Pycnogenol enhances endothelial cell antioxidant defense. Redox Report 3: 219-24, 1997.
- Heap, L. C., et al. Vitamin B status in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. J R Soc Med. 92(4):183-185, 1999.
- Werbach, M. R. Nutritional strategies for treating chronic fatigue syndrome. Alternative Medicine Review. 5(2):93-108, 2000.
- Litoff, D., et al. Effects of pantothenic acid supplementation on human exercise. Med Sci Sport Exercise., 17(Supplement):287, 1985.
- Grant, J. E., et al. Analysis of dietary intake and selected nutrient concentrations in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. J Am Diet Assoc. 96(4):383-386, 1996.
- Jacobson, W., et al. Serum folate and chronic fatigue syndrome. Neurology. 43:2645-2647, 1993.
- Mittleman, K. D., et al. Branched-chain amino acids prolong exercise during heat stress in men and women. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 30(1):83-91, 1998.
- Newsholme, E. A., et al. Branched-chain amino acids and central fatigue. Journal of Nutrition. 136(1):274S-276S, 2006.
- Davis, J. M. Carbohydrates, branched-chain amino acids, and endurance: the central fatigue hypothesis. Int J Sport Nutr. 5(Supplement):S29-S38, 1995.
- Schleithoff S et al. Vitamin D supplementation improves cytokine profiles in patients with congestive heart failure: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 83(4):754-759, 2006.
- Cummings, P. M., et al. Effect of folic acid and antioxidant vitamins on endothelial dysfunction in patients with coronary artery disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 36:758-765, 2000.
- Doshi, S. N., et al. Folic acid improves endothelial function in coronary artery disease via mechanisms largely independent of homocysteine lowering. Circulation. 105(1):22-26, 2002.
- Woo, K. S., et al. Long-term improvement in homocysteine levels and arterial endothelial function after 1-year folic acid supplementation. American Journal of Medicine. 112(7):535-539, 2002.
- Friso, S., et al. Low plasma vitamin B-6 concentrations and modulation of coronary artery disease risk. Am J Clin Nutr. 79(6):992-998, 2004.
- Van den Berg M., et al. Combined vitamin B-6 plus folic acid therapy in young patients with arteriosclerosis and hyperhomocysteinemia. Journal Vascular Surgery. 20(6):933-940, 1994.
- Wald DS, Bishop L, Wald NJ, et al. Randomized trial of folic acid supplementation and serum homocysteine levels. Arch Intern Med 61:695-700, 2001.
- Bronstrup A, Hages M, Prinz-Langenohl R, Pietrzik K. Effects of folic acid and combinations of folic acid and vitamin B12 on plasma homocysteine concentrations in healthy young women. Am J Clin Nutr 68:1104-10, 1998.
- van Oort FV, Melse-Boonstra A, Brouwer IA, et al. Folic acid and reduction of plasma homocysteine concentrations in older adults: a dose-response study. 77:1318-23, 2003.
- Watson, R. Pycnogenol® and cardiovascular health. Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine 1: 27-32, 2003.
- Kelly, G. S. Nutritional and botanical interventions to assist with the adaptation to stress. Alternative Medicine Review.4(4):249-265, 1999.
- Benton D., et al. Thiamine supplementation for mood and cognitive functioning. Psychopharmacology. 129(1):66-71, 1997.
- Benton, D., et al. The effects of nutrients on mood. Public Health Nutr. 2(3A):403-409, 1999.
- Bhagavan, H. N., et al. The effect of pyridoxine hydrochloride on blood serotonin and pyridoxal phosphate contents in hyperactive children. Pediatrics. 55(3):437-441, 1975.
- Hartvig, P., et al. Pyridoxine effect on synthesis rate of serotonin in the monkey brain measured with position emission tomography. Neural Trans. 102:91-97, 1995.
- Coppen, A., et al. Plasma folate and affective morbidity during long-term lithium therapy. Br J Psychiatry. 141:87-89, 1982.
- Deluca H et al. Vitamin D: its role and uses in immunology. FASEB Journal. 15(14):2579-2585, 2001.
- Adorini L. Immunomodulatory effects of vitamin D receptor ligands in autoimmune diseases. International Immunopharmacology. 2(7):1017-1028, 2002.
- Cantorna M et al. Mounting evidence for vitamin D as an environmental factor affecting autoimmune disease prevalence. Experimental Biology and Medicine (Maywood). 229(11):1136-1142, 2004.
- Cantorna M. Vitamin D and autoimmunity: is vitamin D status an environmental factor affecting autoimmune disease prevalence? Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine. 223:230-233, 2000.
- Garland C et al. The role of vitamin D in cancer prevention. American Journal of Public Health. 96(2):252-61, 2006.
- Giovannucci E et al. Prospective study of predictors of vitamin D status and cancer incidence and mortality in men. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 98(7):451-459, 2006.
- Holick, M. Vitamin D: Its role in cancer prevention and treatment. Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology. 92(1):49-59, 2006.
- Gorham E et al. Vitamin D and prevention of colorectal cancer. Journal Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 97(1-2):179-94, 2005.
- Grant W et al. Reviews: A critical review of studies on vitamin D in relation to colorectal cancer. Nutrition and Cancer. 48(2):115-123, 2004.
- Harris D et al. Vitamin D and colon carcinogenesis. Journal of Nutrition. 134(12):3463S-3471S, 2004.
- Hayes C et al. The immunological functions of the vitamin D endocrine system. Cellular and Molecular Biology. 49(2):277-300, 2003.
- Lenton, Kevin J., et al. Vitamin C augments lymphocyte glutathione in subjects with ascorbate deficiency. Am. J. Clinical Nutrition. 77: 189 – 195, 2003.
- Simon, Joel A., et al. Relation of Serum Ascorbic Acid to Mortality among US Adults. J. Am. Coll. Nutr. 20: 255-263, 2001.
- Shop Consultant
I will not exercise without it!! Peak Performance helps me to reach new levels in fitness with every workout. No stimulants, just strength!!!
- Shop Consultant
Got Milk? Nope! But I got THIS
Hands down the best product to support my fitness and my son's athletic endeavors. We feel more energy and are less likely to be sore. It's especially A MUST , this an awake, during long basketball tournament weekends.
- Shop Consultant
great for recovery and support
Love this product for recovery after a workout or support on a busy day. Great synergistic blend of ingredients!
Dissolves instantly in water
Like all vitamins, the taste is unique - but it instantly dissolves in water and the benefits outweigh something like liquid fizzy gummy bears.